Saturday 30 July 2011

Magic travles :Part 1

In this 3 part blog I explain the magic I developed to take traveling with me. Mid the end of 2009 my wife Emily and I planned to go traveling in 2010. Most of our time was took up planning and saving for our trip. My plans for my magic changed. From setting up new charter which was to be inspired from a 18th century Victorian London scientific / magician with a splash of steam punk. I became thinking of what magic I could carry with me which dint take up much space and what stuff can I do importuned.

Our travel started in Spain. We spent 3 weeks in San Sebastian learning a little Spanish. Then we moved to St Jean pied de port in France to start the Camino de Santiago a 795 kilometres pilgrim walk across northern Spain. The magic I took was simple and light. I took 3 decks of cards, a length of rope set of fibre optics, In my Mesika's Wallet inside was Richard sanders power ball 60, 4 old English pennies and a few rubber bands with the gaff bands for stargazer by Alan Wong. These kept me well as I did magic for fellow pilgrims as I travelled. The effects that did me well was Crazy Man Handcuffs with stargazer and a effect I did with a coin and purse frame. One place we stayed was a ruined monastery in San Anton the couple that ran it had the perfect love story and planned to get married there a year later. Over a meal I did a version of Hindu thread. With the story of a good relationship is made up of many things. And when we get it right amazing things happen. They played guitar I did magic and my wife sung a solo it was great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment