Saturday 7 July 2012

Nuts and bolts.

In the next few post I plan to cover some of the ideas and thought process I use when I put a routine together. I will also look at how I have developed my charter. This by no means is a definitive on this. This post is to give a little back ground as I explain other ideas and routines later on.

I have been fascinated by magic and juggling from a young age. I grew watching the great like Tommy copper and Paul Daniels. The Paul Daniels show always act of all sort firing me up. Also we always went to the circus when it was in town.

First up I see magic as an art form and a way of communication For more on this read my earlier post why I love magic.

A note book is important to collect those ideas. Ideas develop and slowly become routines. Finished routines are recorded on Word and stored digitally.

My charter is just an extended version of me. I do draw on my interest of the early Victorian magicians and scientists for inspiration. Also I play up on being from the east end of London. This all mixes well and a little splash of steam punk rounds if of nicely.

I like my magic to be every day with a twist. For example I do a routine with a purse frame and bottle caps. The purse frame is something everyone knows but it’s odd that there is no fabric. The caps are every day and at the end I squash one flat in my hands.

So this is just a start to the thinking behind puzzlement and wonder next time I look at how to record ideas and work them in to routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment